Monday, May 22, 2006

Ottawa Business Journal - Home Page

Ottawa Business Journal - Home Page: "Corporate philanthropy: More than just writing a cheque
By Kristin Harold, Ottawa Business Journal Staff
Mon, May 22, 2006 12:00 AM EST

Elvis, aka Trevor McDonald. (Darren Brown, OBJ)

Trevor McDonald usually shows up for work at local law firm Nelligan O'Brien Payne in a suit and tie, but there have been recent sightings of him dressed in full Elvis regalia, sequins and all.

'We try to bring some fun and enthusiasm to our United Way campaign every year,' says the hip-swinging associate lawyer. 'Some of our partners agreed last year to shave their heads if we met a certain goal and I agreed to dress as Elvis. I sang a song to the tune of 'My Way', but I called it 'United Way' and instead of saying 'I did it my way', I sang 'I gave to the United Way.''"

No comments: