Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Colleges need university-style matched giving | Education | The Guardian

Colleges need university-style matched giving | Education | The Guardian: "I must admit to being in two minds about the green paper on 'giving', which Cabinet Office minister Francis Maude published between Christmas and New Year. It was very clear to me even under the last government that public funds would never be sufficient to do everything our college could and should do, and I am just as clear that colleges should be doing everything we can to fill the gap in other ways – including from philanthropic giving. It's just that I'm not entirely comfortable having the government on my side – because giving its support to philanthropy at a time of public sector cuts might accidentally damage the cause."

No comments: