Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Institute of Fundraising goes for gold | Voluntary Sector Network | Guardian Professional

Institute of Fundraising goes for gold | Voluntary Sector Network | Guardian Professional: As I take on the role of chief executive at the Institute of Fundraising I've been asked to reflect on my priorities. Quite simply, my goal is to make the IoF the best membership and training organisation in the country.

Why do I want to do this? The answer is that I am driven by a commitment to social justice, to changing the world for the better. And I know that fundraisers are the lifeblood of charities. Without cold, hard cash to spend it is very difficult for charities to make the positive impact they want on the causes they care about, changing for the better the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. This is particularly true when the country is facing the difficult economic challenges it has to handle today.

No comments: